Spring Break Week Preview
Apr 18, 2019 04:32PM
● By Rachel Belfield
Playtimes, Story Times, and Activities for Young OnesShoreline and nearby areas are bursting with activities for families with young children during the week!
- The well-attended toddler indoor playground can be a weekday lifesaver, running every Monday-Friday, 9:30-11:30 am at the Spartan Recreation Center. ($2/child for drop-in admission. Cash and cards accepted.)
- On Wednesday the 24th, Lake Forest Park Library offers toddler story time (ages 2-3) at 10:00 am, and preschooler time (ages 3-5) at 11:00 am.
- Thursday the 25th, Richmond Beach's library offers a similar story time lineup, with toddler time starting at 10:15 and preschooler time at 11:00 am.
- Snapdoodle Toys in Kenmore offers a free "Paint-me-a-Story" activity at 10:00 am on Friday. Follow the link to find their registration page (advance registration is appreciated so they can have enough supplies and staff on hand).
Events for Elementary and Older KidsFamilies whose kids have aged out of the events above have a few opportunities later in the week:
Ages 6 and older; tweens and teens welcome. Join the club! Play chess, learn chess, or teach chess to others. Drop in to enjoy a casual and fun atmosphere with snacks provided. All skill ... Read More »
Drop in for Pokémon League at Snapdoodle Toys in Kenmore on Wednesdays, 5-7 pm.All Trading Card Game players at all levels are welcome. A great way to learn game basics and get the feel f... Read More »
Please join Iora Primary Care-Shoreline for our Earth Day celebration Thursday, April 25, 3-4:00 pm. We will come together to care for our community. There will be eco-friendly activi... Read More »
Hands-on days held the fourth Saturday of each month.Please drop in from 11am to 3pm for fun, free projects for children ages 4 to 12. Read More »
Get Up, Get Out, and Get Your Dance OnAfter a week of an abnormal schedule, everyone might need some time out of the house to jump, jive, and wail with The BusKings at Third Place Commons' grand finale to their world music series. "The BusKings will knock your socks off with their colorful palette of worldly music! Featuring the lively, danceable sounds of Klezmer, Mexican, Balkan, and more, they'll take you on a ride that you won’t ever want to get off!"
Enjoy family-friendly live music each Friday and Saturday evening at Third Place Commons (upstairs inside the Lake Forest Park Town Center). Admission is free.Read More »
Read Aloud, Read Along, Read-a-Thon
Ms. Pihl's first-grade class from Cedar Way Elementary in Edmonds has a great start tracking their time!
Last Week of Edwin Pratt Exhibit
Healthy Families and Safe PedalingTwo events over the next week or so put children's health and safety at the forefront:
- Saturday, April 20, just up north at Lynnwood Elementary School, it's Bike Bonanza, including free helmets (while they last), helmet fittings, and a bike rodeo. Here are all the details.
- Saturday, April 27, a focus on healthy children and safe riding continues at the Dale Turner YMCA, with Healthy Kids Day:
Mark your calendars and join the Dale Turner Family YMCA staff and volunteers as we celebrate Seattle's Healthy Kids Day! This is a free community festival all about establishing healthy ... Read More »
But wait. There's more!Listed above are just some of the events taking place in Shoreline over the next ten days or so. Check our calendar for a full week of events, including more Earth Day events; story times in Chinese and Spanish; and local "Play and Learn" gatherings in Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, and Bothell.
Also, stay tuned for an upcoming article that will provide details about local high school sporting events taking place during spring break:
- On Tuesday, April 23, there will be both baseball and softball in the afternoon at Meridian Park.
- On Saturday, April 27, Shoreline Stadium hosts the highly anticipated "Shoreline Invitational" track meet.
As we get more details on times, admission costs, and more, we'll share so you can work these into your week's plans!