University of Washington Aquatic Sciences Open House on Saturday, May 4
Apr 12, 2019 02:46PM
● By Rachel Belfield
Come join us for a free and family-friendly afternoon of hands-on learning at Our Watery World, the second annual aquatic science open house at the UW to celebrate science and research that relates to water.On Saturday, May 4, 1-4:00 pm, the activities will take place at:
UW Fishery Sciences Building (1122 NE Boat St., Seattle, WA 98105)
UW Oceanography Building (1501 NE Boat St., Seattle, WA 98105)
- Tour the Burke Museum Fish Collections and an oceanography research vessel.
- Learn why male narwhals have a tusk.
- Brainstorm ways to manage fish populations.
- Discover what is on the bottom of Puget Sound.
- See what an aquatic scientist does all day
Learn more at: https://www.ocean.washington.edu/story/Open_House
Hosted by: SEAS outreach group, ARGO outreach group, the School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, and the School of Oceanography